An Introduction to Video Websites
There's a lot of them about, a lot. For example metacafe, ebaumsworld and the most famous one of all, YouTube has really seen them starting to eat up this market. The great thing is, that doesn't matter, videos are a disposal media - people look at them once, show their mates and then it's old news. You're only as good as your last video! What we're going to look at doing here is setting up a video website with minimal cost & time and maximiszng our profit.
According to a study conducted, 35- to 54-year-olds are 20 percent more likely to watch online video than the average Internet user, while 25- to 34-year-olds are 12 percent more likely than the average Internet user to watch a stream online.
The good things about Video Blogs are :
- It is Easy to create and maintain a video Blog. Nothing can be easier than plugging in some embedded code from a video website like YouTube. Updating the blog will take probably take less than an hour a day.
- Videos are the next social media. Interesting Videos can go viral very easily and are extremely easy to promote through social websites.
- Fun! One of the most important factor is that Video Blog is Fun. And there is a high possibility to make money from Video Blogs. Videos are very light on the mind and generally stress-free. You don’t have to write a good article, check your copy and constantly think of blog post ideas.
Here is a simple guide of the steps for setting up a video blog:
- Income! Sign up for Google Adsense. This is the first step to take if you’re not already an Adsense publisher.
- Pick an interesting domain name. This should be short and memorable.
- Set up Wordpress on the domain.
- Install various video plugins for Wordpress. These help to speed up the process of uploading videos on your blog.
- Feeds. Make sure your video blog is accessible to everyone. Burn your feed with FeedBurner. This is the first step towards building up defensive traffic through a feed subscriber base.
- Pick a Wordpress theme and make a recognizable brand with your logo.
- Search optimize your theme. Several manual methods were listed in the section but I would suggest using SEO plugins, one of which is the very essential SEO Title Tag plugin.
- Set up your Adsense units for maximal click through benefits. The easiest way to do this is to use Adsense Ready Themes with already optimized ad placement. A little tweaking will be needed but it saves you a lot of time.
- Source for video content. You can either repost videos or download videos and rebrand them with your site logo and URL.
- Promote your blog with StumbleUpon. StumbleUpon is really useful in driving traffic to any site.
- Build Links to your blog. Mark only suggests RSS or blog directories and I would suggest linking to the blog from a variety of other places as well: Other sites you own, forum signatures, social bookmarking sites etc.
The basic strategy is to drive traffic from social websites like StumbleUpon, YouTube and Reddit to the blog, whereby you’ll monetize the visitors through effective Adsense placement. Organic search traffic is not a primary emphasis here.
tags : make money online video blog tips tutorials
via [Digital Point]